Skagit Valley Sprint

Skagit Valley Sprint

Sunday, June 10, 2012

I'd Say It Was a Productive Weekend

Phew but it's been a whirlwind  couple of days, this girl had some serious stitch going on! DH had to work Saturday so after (ahem) sleeping in until 10:30 (yikes, haven't done that in forever!) I spent the last two days camped in front of my machine stitching away...except for the time spent sitting in bed finishing off the last of the applique catching a little tv and trying to stay warm...my heck but it was chilly enough to wear a sweatshirt in the house yesterday (and yes, I refused to turn on the heat!)  But enough about our streak of nasty weather, as non-typical for June as it has been...my dresden top is finished and I love it! It finished up to be lap-sized, measuring 66x68" and a bit smaller, I'm sure once it's washed and dried...Now, if the quilting fairy would just show up to finish up  this lovely little gem I would be a happy girl. Unfortunately, being the realist that I am (sigh) I'll just resign myself to a few more days of work to get this quilted, bound, washed, dried and ready to donate on Friday (cringe...as usual, I'm cutting it close)...tomorrow  my mission is to venture off to JoAnn's for backing, a solid flannel I think and I'm not even sure what for the binding, I just haven't thought that far ahead yet. For now though, I have an early morning ahead of me, so I'll be signing off and heading to bed...goodnight all!

No comments:

Post a Comment