Skagit Valley Sprint

Skagit Valley Sprint

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Here's What I've Come Up With


http://seaside-stitches.blogspot.com/2011/05/bloggers-quilt-festival.html is where I gained the inspiration for the quilt in progress that ultimately will benefit a young lady who has relapsed in her fight with leukemia and now needs a marrow transplant. Seattle Children's Hospital put together this video: http://youtu.be/ihGCj5mfCk8 in which Abi is one of the patients featured, she will be the young lady at the very beginning and then later on is the one dancing in the panda sweatshirt. Her School Resource Officer (Deputy Joe) with whom I work has organized for the second year a golf tournament whose proceeds go to her family to help with the expense of her treatment. Last year I had the honor of snapping photos of each team and the tournament as a whole.  This year I have committed not only to photos, but a quilt and a basket full of Mary Kay products for auction at the dinner following the 18 holes of golf.  Last year, the family received $7,000...this year we Joe hopes to rock the total by so much more! I am humbly honored even to be involved...honestly, having lost my MIL to leukemia this last October, I just wish I could do so much more for a young woman who I have never met...all I know is that it is a devastating disease and this vibrant young lady deserves a chance at life and all the promise that it holds. If you'd like to make a difference, perhaps give some thought to registering to be a bone marrow donor at: http://marrow.org/Join/Join_Now/Join_Now.aspx I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment