Skagit Valley Sprint

Skagit Valley Sprint

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Look What I Found!

My modern bento box swap squares! They were waiting patiently in a cupboard, knowing that someday I would get to them. Upon review the second round of swap blocks were received sometime in October, so that's not too bad, somehow it felt like they had been loitering for almost a year. Oh my, but it's busy! I'm thinking it's gonna hang on the design wall for a day or so, perhaps it will grow on me.  Not that I don't like it, mind you, but it is a riot of color dontcha think? This one is going to be a test candidate for quilt as you go, I just need to decide if it will be in two or three or more sections...still pondering where the sashing in back will go and if the quilting will be straight line, circles or meandering.  This would be a good time to experiment...Interestingly enough, the DH loves it, not just likes, but loves...never would have imagined that, he's not always big on the bright colors sometimes, but I do love it when he gives an unsolicited opinion on these things.
Also in progress is another baby quilt for a friend of the family who recently gave birth to twin boys, which of course means that I have to make another after I;ve figured out the borders for the first. The twins also have a big brother and I do have this quilt top (pictured below) finished and with no recipient in mind.....hmmmmmmm, perhaps, ok it's really pretty definite that I will quilt that one up for him.  After all, he has to compete with not one but two new objects in the house to steal his Mom's time and energy! And who doesn't need a big brother quilt after all?
Sounds like I need to quit typing and get back to sewing, good thing it's a long weekend, Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment