Skagit Valley Sprint

Skagit Valley Sprint

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I Have This New Gadget

Locations of Site Visitors
On my sidebar, it's called MapLoco and it places a pindot for every visitor that has viewed your blog.  It's the coolest thing! I know, it's nothing new, but I just discovered it and find myself checking back a few times a day, just to see where everybody's from. I had a visitor from Austria today, how wicked is that?! Interestingly enough, I've had 69 out of some 140 hits from Medford, Oregon...curious....

In other news, not much quilty-ness is happening during the week lately in my house, though the weekends finds my sewing machine chugging along. I'm just itching for payday (YS has discovered the virtues of playing hockey...it's an expensive obsession, so we've come to find out, but in retrospect, it does keep him busy AND out of trouble) so that I can purchase some backing for the bento quilt, a medium blue polka dot flannel currently has my eye. I am excited to try the quilt as you go method, everything is ready to go...except the checkbook, but then, patience is a virtue (that I tend to lack) isn't it? The other bad news is that my walking foot seems to be on the fritz, which leaves me to improvise the straight line quilting...perhaps my lines will have a bit of wonkyness to them...hmmmm, not such a bad thing.

Aaaaannnnnddddd...I found this recipe for baked mac & cheese here.  All I have to say is YUMMMMMM!!! I even experimented by making it a slightly lower fat version by cutting the whole milk, cream and butter, replacing it with 1% milk and 1/2 stick of butter and it still turned out fantastic!!! In fact, the OS & YS have informed me that boxed mac & cheese will never touch their lips again, I have to giggle...they don't  know it, but I am slowly turning them into foodies! Go on over to Janelle's blog and while you are there, check out the recipe for cheesy potatoes too (I made those for Christmas dinner), oh heck, she has a plethora of recipes that I'd like to try....mmmmmmmmm!!!!! Her awesome blog can be found at...Comfy in the Kitchen, just don't be hungry when you do!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see that my part of the world is looking particularly dotty :o) Now I'm going to have to try the baked mac and cheese, well as soon as it's a bit cooler anyway...
    Lizzie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrea! And I see you have a new header too! Looking good. Glad to know you are finding plenty in the quilting world to oooh and aaah about. Here's a link to another yummy-looking recipe - Garlic-y Cheese Bread - you might like to try: http://mariemadelinestudio.typepad.com/mariemadeline_studio/2011/01/mmmmmm-cheese-bread.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andrea,
    thanks for the link to the comfy kitchen, the mac and cheese sounds wonderful. Don't need it hanging around on my hips, although my hubby and 15 yr old son would love it.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete