Skagit Valley Sprint

Skagit Valley Sprint

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Wow...19 years

Has it really been that long? I remember it like it was yesterday...all the preparations, all the anticipation and a lot of stress, not to mention an all night session the night before the wedding, putting all the flowers together.  My best friend Kathy traveling from Alaska to serve as my Maid of Honor, my Mother in the midst of a gallbladder attack and Valium induced, removing half of the beading on one of my sleeves at the church because there just wasn't enough time to finish both...and now that you mention it, my dear, sweet Grandma & Grandpa Soma spending the week before the nuptuals at my parent's house the entire week before to help with everything...and the two of us (Emily and I) sewing beads and sequins on my gown in the evenings...oh, how I treasure THOSE memories.  Then the day was finally here and my Dad and I were standing at the end of the aisle at Richland Lutheran Church, at 2pm sharp and he asked me, "are you nervous?"..."Nope, says I...let's do this!" I distinctly remember anxiously wanting to begin the rest of my life with my new best friend...

DH asked me as we ceremoniously cut the cake, "what do we do now?"..."just start shoving" and so we did....1 year later, I was still picking cake and frosting out of my earrings...19 short years and two kids later, he is still my best friend, the one with whom I love spending time, the one who completes me...wow, who would have thunk it? Me, of course...it seems that I knew the moment I saw him...

4 comments:

  1. Oh you young things! How wonderful that you're still in love - no regrets. Awesome.

    DH and I are celebrating 38 years in two more weeks! An astounding feat, given our totally opposite personalities,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness.. I forgot the night before beading fury!.. I think I crapped out at 4, you were quite the trooper.. The cake in the faces is a bit fuzzy and I distinctly remember California Coolers and Balloons flying out the windows of several cars,, with a cop in the lane next to us... laughing.. Good times.. Good times. was glad to be a part of it, Keep it going strong you two.. Big Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. so wonderful that you are happily married..me too!!!!

    ReplyDelete