Skagit Valley Sprint

Skagit Valley Sprint

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

It's a Finish!

Finally! After 3 years (or was it 4?) of sitting on the shelf, I finally finished my youngest son's quilt...he wasn't quite so tall when I started it though and when I saw him sleeping with it this morning, it didn't look nearly big enough for him (sigh), he loves it...couldn't wait for it to come out of the dryer even! Don't look too closely at all the puckers in the back...(no really, don't look!) In retrospect, I would have quilted it differently had I to do it over again, but by the time I had decided that, it was halfway quilted...and I was NOT going to pick out all those stitches!!! Now it's on to the next quilt top...I wonder if I could get it quilted by the end of this weekend? Hmmm.....

3 comments:

  1. Wow, what fabulous colours Andrea, no wonder he loves it. Don't worry about the puckers, there's no quilt police around and I can just about guarantee that your son doesn't care about them....???
    Lizzie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A finish is always a good thing! That's a really handsome quilt, surely made with love, and it's wonderful that your son likes it. That's the most important thing.

    I noticed your new header. Is that where you live?! Ahhh. It looks so idyllic. I can hear the peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You finished it.. whoo hoo! T is in 7th heaven I just know it!.
    It really is beautiful, which is probably what T does not want to hear, but oh well! I just love the colors. When you brought it to my house a couple years back guessed it would be grand.
    Congrats my friend
    H2

    ReplyDelete