Skagit Valley Sprint

Skagit Valley Sprint

Thursday, November 19, 2009

What a week...

There was a bit of progress in the stitching arena this week, despite both kids and myself feeling puny for the last couple of days. I managed to get six of the nine GFG rounds ready for their last row of hexagons while listening to the tv or my iPod,.  I'm just not sure if I like the green...what do you think? The pattern is from the July/August 2008 issue of Fons & Porter's Love of Quilting, started late last summer so that I would have something portable to take with me on camping trips.  The method is English paper piecing and I have to say, I really enjoy it!  I'd like to try piecing an eight pointed star with this method also.
This is what the finished quilt  is supposed to look like...I'm getting kind of excited at the progress that has been made...it's almost in the home-stretch, can't wait to see it all put together!  I love the appliqued border...though I have some other flowers in mind...might have to improvise a bit, I think!  Well, would you look at the time?!  11:32 and well past regulation bedtime...Mr InAwe is due home tomorrow evening from Academy, everyone cross your fingers and say a quick prayer that the pass is clear of snow and that the torrential rains have not caused any major flooding along the 250 mile route home...it's been a LONG week and I've missed him!!!

5 comments:

  1. I like the green that you show against the block, but maybe try several greens, something just slightly lighter. It is going to be a beautiful quilt when you are done.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hexies are great! The color combination is very nice. I'm amazed at the interest in hexagons these days. It seems that many Aussies are doing them too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hexagon block looks great! It will be a very pretty quilt when you get it done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. English paper piecing is on my "one day" list. Your blocks look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is gorgeous. i love hexagons. thanks for coming to my blog and entering the giveaway. good luck and thanks for being a follower

    ReplyDelete